Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

I don't mean for this to always be about things I'm afraid of but since my last posting I thought of another irrational fear I'd like to drag out into the light of my CPU screen.. I'm freaked out by mirrors in general. I don't mind looking at myself, but if I start looking at the space around me in a mirror I start getting all nervous. Possible the reversal of everything unsettles me. I actually start to feel panicky short of breath fluttering heart sweaty palms, like I'm looking at something really spooky. Doesn't help that every time you watch a scary movie something freaky always appears over the hero's shoulder. Every time that comes up I avoid mirrors for days. Even reflections in metal pans and car windows are a little scary. Seems like an odd phobia.
When I'm home alone is the worst, we have several mirrors up in my house and I purposely will never look at them, turning my back to them as I enter and leave rooms. I know something is there watching me waiting for me to turn around and take a peek.. When I get good and drunk sometimes I look into the mirror and my own reflection start looking at me like it wants to reach out and choke me. Maybe I just look really mean when I'm drunk, or maybe being intoxicated makes my distaste for mirrors more evident in my face. I'm pretty sure the day I actually look and see some ghoul or demon peering over my shoulder will be the day I day. Not exactly the most peaceful way to go, but I'm sure the doctors will conclude heart attack, or stroke. Scared to death by a mirror.. I guess you'd have to see me to appreciate how humorous that would be. I've been inflicting this face on others my whole life, I'm sure you could find a few people to agree death by my own reflection is no more than I deserve..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home