Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

fool and far between

Silly I guess to think that I would be able to come back to writing all the time on my blog. I spend about 3 hours everyday handwriting and try to get 2 to 3 hours of typing in converting my chicken-scratch to digital text.  After that it's unrealistic to think I might want to write here too, but I want to try.  So starting at least a once a week writing update.

This week: wrote a triumphant 7,000 word grand climax to Carolyn's Adventure, still unsure on what title to use, have absolutely no ideas.  I need to find an impartial reader to proof for me, the people I know think of reading as some sort of slow torture, maybe if I film myself turning the pages, mix in pictures of pretty people. Oh well, not finished in any case, still have post climax slowdown to write, the happy ever after.  Then I need to continue my progress through updating my verb usage, some of my early writing on this story is really passive. I was in story telling mode, more interested in getting the story and  the various ideas I was juggling together in one place and I think my action scenes suffered somewhat.

On Josey and Glen, also need a real title, I've got to start thinking on this subject earlier, I've been done with the full rough draft for over a month now. It's too short right now 55,000 words, and a little too racy. Not really shooting for young reader I know I never would have read anything back in my teens that was dumbed down and emotion-ed up like some of those are. It's really amazing theres such a market for it, but I guess theres a lot of young readers wanting to get into fantasy without the heavy complication of classic epic fantasy.  But it's a little to R rated, kind of takes over the story, also shortens it quite a bit if you take out all the romance and early relationship struggles and jump straight to sex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home