Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Going camping this weekend, finally cool enough most of the bugs are dead. I can't wait to get away from everyone. I mean everyone!
Last night few saw Russell Crowe singing on TV, starry eyed she stared at the set, I decided to take a shower, something fired her up next thing I know she was in there with me. Whoo Hoo! I personally don't care who starts the car, but I'm the only driver..
Went to bed angry though, we were talking and something came on she wanted to see so without a word to me she just cranked the volume and turned away. Grrr We weren't talking about anything interesting, but how rude...
So I says "WTF?"
She says "huh?"
I say "Is our conversation over?"
She says " I wanted to hear this"
I say "Next time fuckin tell me to hold on, or excuse me or something"
only memorable because usually I would have ignored such an incident, but I was feeling rather thin skinned last night, culmination of too much work and then spending 2-4 hrs after work every night at FMIL's trying to repair that house. Now I'm in a bad spot, I lost my temper so I should apologize, but she was rude so she should, but she won't apologize for being rude unless I apologize for losing my temper which in her head is obviously the greater crime. So whenever something like this happens I have two responses, I say something like this
"Ok I'm sorry for snapping at you, but that was rude." or
I just wait while she gets all moody and quiet, which she will carry on for 2-3 days entirely ruining the weekend, because every once in a while when she gives me that stiff silence I'll say
"What!?"
"Nothing." she replies, possibly sighing quietly.
"Then don't look at me like that." Being tactful and calm...
"Like what?" she gets ready to launch into full fight mode.
"If you have a problem say something, if not don't ruin my weekend." I give her the glare that she hates. The one I inherited from my father that makes me look evil.
tears
rinse
repeat.
So in order to enjoy my weekend I have to apologize. GRRR
Well I have all day to come to terms with it, or decide to fight. I hate relationships.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM , Blogger ssas said...

    Hate to be the one to burst your bubble:
    man = always wrong
    Get used to it. (my better half is nodding his head as I write this and apologizing, just in case.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home