Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I've been doing a lot of home improvement on the weekends, I don't have my own home but thanks to numerous friends and relatives I do have enough homes to work on. I've always been more interested in working with my hands than able to. Now It seems there is an unceasing demand for my labor, most notably from relatives. My way too reasonable prices probably are driving the market, but I actually do seem to be accomplishing quite a bit. My prices of course are the usual, beer and food. What I won't do for relatives... I'm picking up a wide variety of different skills though, and having an easier time talking to my male relatives who both have worked in home construction at one time or another. I know the names of almost all the tools I own and can use them all. Whoo hoo, almost a real man Gepetto...
Anyway after finishing up a bathroom project for my future mother in law, she called to tell me she had shown her bathroom to over 5 different neighbors and 3 of them want me to do the same to their bathrooms. Problem is I don't have a clue what would be reasonable to charge. Since hers was the first bathroom I've done like this it took me three 6-8 hour days to finish. But now that I know how to apply the different trims and wall boards I'm pretty sure I could finish a normal sized bathroom in 1 day (6 hours).
We'll have to see what kind of offers they make, and if indeed they are serious, we'll then have to see if I really can do it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home