Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

As August draws to a close I begin to fall into the season melancholy I experience every fall. It is my favorite season with the changing of leaves and bittering of winds. Maybe I just revel in my own depression this time of year. The whole world finally meets my mood, even though the mood is created my the world around me. The rest of the year I'm in almost manic flux, but for the fall months I begin to understand "Exquisite sorrow" the most prominent of Oriental themes ( in my opinion) such a glorious state of being to wrap your soul in a shroud of impenetrable sadness, looking with dead eyes on a dying world, finally feeling that you can match the pace of life as it marches to the grave. Watching with wry amusement as the creatures around you scurry and strive to keep some order in the world, finally feeling connected to all the strangers as you realize we all have death in common. All around us all the time the world is quieting. Fox and wild turkeys are venturing from the brood, teens in the human sense out to find their place in the world no longer cry out in their youthful excess, instead creep silently into the lands of violence and danger. I'm sure glad I'm at work today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home