Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Monday morning and I think I may have an ulcer. Not an exaggerated reference to the level of stress I feel. A real honest to goodness hole in the stomach ulcer. I took stuff this weekend I would have been better off not taking and spent all weekend hunched over as sharp throbs emanated from my stomach. Everything I ate I could feel reach a certain spot inside me and release waves of cramping sharp pain. Then gradually it went away, leaving just a slightly unsettled feeling. Then this morning as I got a little worked up over some stupid jerk on the phone I could feel my stomach roiling (a bubbling rolling feeling) then the pain started again.. Maybe stress has caught up with me. I'm no longer able to avoid the panic and anger and frustration that other people always seemed inundated with. Now I'm just like them, my laid back attitude no linger protecting me from my own cares and worries..
I talked to my father Thursday night. The last night free from pain though my face was a bit swollen, and I was slightly under the influence.. He called me on his way home from work which was about 10 my time- 11 his. He must have had some strong coffee, or lots of soda because for the first time I can ever recall he was chatty. We talked about the recent flooding and recipes and my job, my cousins just about everything. Talking right up until I assume his phone ran out of juice (cell phone) he had warned me the battery was low so I didn't try calling him back.. I don't think talking to him gave me any real revelations, or for that matter any problems or answers, but it was an enjoyable phone call regardless, and hopefully my
slight intoxication did not interfere..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home