Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Friday, August 27, 2004

Brown eyed girl revisited, I have such strong memories about this person that so far I have not been satisfied with my attempts to describe her. In H.S. I had a friend who was a girl. We dated briefly, made out a few times, but never got serious. I think I probably got too emotionally invested which scared her a little. We never really fought though and ended in friendship, something I haven't managed with many people I've dated. She was an Italian girl with long thick blackish brown hair, and deep brown eyes. Her eyes reflected her emotions so vividly, it seemed you never had to look at the rest of her face to see how she felt. I liked to though, she had a classic face with no imperfections, full lips that drew back into beautiful stunning smiles. She was almost a "new waver" but more active almost tom-boyish. She was a bit of a hippy, but still prone to be violent in a half kidding way.
I knew her for a while but we did not actually talk or anything until one night at a local carnival, a friend and myself had acquired my very first pot. We smoked and were wandering euphoric when we ran into her and her friends. I normally was shy and quiet on first impression with everyone, then when I felt comfortable with someone I spontaneously shifted to high energy, mischievous, joking, open, friendly, etc... "Something" about this night was different, and I walked right up to her and started chattering away, pretty much ignoring everyone else. It was magic, we started hanging out, she was a brilliant guitar player and I used to sit and watch her play for hours. Cradling her guitar, her hair half tossed over her shoulder half hanging down hiding her face while she watched the frets. She was shy about her talent, but still played all the time, she would punch you if you complimented her too much, and when she was feeling good she always called me "kid" Odd choice, but she was the only one who ever did that, it was her style entirely. I googled her name and under the images section there actually appears to be a picture of her, a little older maybe, but small enough I can't be positive. We ran into each other a few times after, she always seemed happy to see me, a great no maintenance friendship. One of the good kinds where whenever you see each other you still feel comfortable just stopping and talking about everything right on the spot. I don't have a lot of that, maybe it was just a gift she had for making me that comfortable. Maybe we just had the right mix of personality to complement each other. In any case, it would be good to see her again, find out what she's done, how she's been doing..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home