Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, and here as we breach the wall into October I start my spin into Halloween!! Yippeee!
I am making my own mask this year, I downloaded tons of instructions and tonight me and FW are going to make a mold of my face. I'm going to skillfully (we'll see) mold some sort of demonic or weird new likeness onto my face mold, then recast it and make it out of latex bits that will then be painted and glued to my face. Easy huh?
So I imagine for the next couple weeks I will grunt and swear and realize yet again why I did not become a sculptist?? Anyway..
FW has a black and purple velvet victorian/goth outfit I bought for her 2 years ago, A laced long dress with extra long sleeves and a black velvet cape w/ hood. Long black gloves, shiny black boots, and a mask. Every year so far a different feathered mask, unspeakably lovely. With the remainder of her face done a pale white with dark full red lips. I should stop before I get embarrassed here at work. I on the other hand have not been quite so low maintenance. My costume last year only ran $150, the year before it was over $300. I just have to be scary and menacing and realistic. No cheezy vampires or monsters for me, and up to this year I have paid top money for real leather costumes and accessories. The masks alone..So this year decided to make my own, hopefully I'll be scary. I already spotted the outfit, so I'm safely under the $100 limit I set this year.
My biggest problem though has always been naming what I dressed as, last year a skeletal barbarian king?? quite a mouthful after a night of drinking. By 1 o'clock i was just "Something fuckin' scary" By 2 I was "scary" by three me and FW were in a screaming match because girls kept coming up to me in the club and rubbing my armor. Well a man strapped in leather and metal spikes attracts a certain type of woman.. This year depending on my sculpting skills I will be a demonic scary person who's really tall with a dark flowing manly yet elegant outfit that will try his best to scare children before going out dancing for the night" Whoo hoo! Then again I have all month to change my mind and see if I can still wear the superman costume from 4 years ago.. In that case how revealing the spandex is, is the true horror...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home