Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

I' m pissed right now. Bruce springsteen is downtown right
now singing on the capital steps standing next to him John Kerry.
Hanging on the wall of a nearby building a giant sign that says
"Wisconsin is Kerry Country"
Well its' not.
It's bush country
but not George W Bush,
B-U-S-C-H Country!
Comes in a 12 ounce can with pictures of mountains we don't have in Wisconsin
gets rednecks drunk after 12 or so.
I'm so sick of Madison, It's the most political place I've ever lived and I can't even take a break away from my desk without some jackass in the office wanting to talk about the election. I've decided to vote this year and I'm writing in R. Lee Ermey (drill sergeant from full metal jacket) as my candidate. He may be a horrible president but I bet it would be funny when he made the liberals cry and the republicans exercise..
Ok enough politics from me. It's not natural I'm not good at it. This is the first election for me that seemed to matter, that I've been taking seriously and giving thought to. I never took political science I don't remember a damn thing from civics, or social studies that ever went beyond explaining the 3 branches of the government. All I see are a bunch or rich people trying to prove they understand me so I'll pick them.
Is it worth voting for a third party? Will it do any good other than to declare to myself that I chose the right person for me?
Or do I have to choose one of these two candidates preselected for me? Try to figure which one will do the least harm? Which one will turn the country down a road that might one day lead me to approve of a presidential candidate?
Does my vote even count as much as I'm obsessing about it?
positively verbose this afternoon, mayhaps the 3 cups of tea today have accelerated my babbler...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home