Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Friday, October 15, 2004

My father's coming to my house today. First time ever coming to a place I lived since I shared his house when I was 15. We've seen each other at all the family events, even manage to have interesting phone conversations once or twice a year, but he's never been in my space before. I already feel awkward and he won't show up for another 10 hours. This year he was real sick, spent some time in a hospital, and according to his wife did not have the strength, or energy to use his weed trimmer this year. Makes me scared that now he's stopping in to see me. Is he on his last legs? A farewell tour? My next youngest brother told me he had a good conversation with my dad also. he lives right up the street and sees him pretty often though. Change happens, I don't regret it or fear it, at least I try not to. He's just barely over 50 though, too young to be sick for an eagle scout who never smoked or drank to excess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home