Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My search for a new job is going slowly. For the first time I have the luxury of liking my current job enough that it's not a crisis. I am tired of it though, my move out into the country has added 40 miles to my commute, and once winter hits I don't think I'll enjoy driving that far in the snow. I've been in 5 or six accidents, only two of which I was driving and only one of them was y fault, but I'm paranoid about being hit by someone else's car. I hate tailgaters. Twice I've gradually come to a complete stop trapping the offender behind me. The first one was a middle aged woman, she looked petrified in the mirror so I didn't get out of the car. After a second or two (I'm sure it felt longer for her) I pulled to the right and waved her past. She didn't flip me off or anything so she must have realized she was in the wrong. The second time a little dude- prob a high school kid popped out of his car and was fast stepping it up to my door so I stepped out. I might have wanted to fight a little bit because I said "Just apologize, I'll let you go around"
"Fuck you man!" He was twitching the way little people do when they're working themselves up to fighting. Then he spun around ran back to his car and took off driving all the away off the shoulder to go around me, of course flipping me off as he went by. I started driving again and then I realized why this was a bad Idea he kept speeding up then slamming on his brakes in front of me. We were going like 20 up this 55mph country highway, and my little Subaru doesn't do off road so I had nothing to do but give him the finger and honk my horn. So I didn't. I rolled down my windows cranked up white zombies astro-creep and head banged along behind him until he got bored and drove off.. I'm such a wus sometimes, I'm not even good at road rage. I'm finally big enough to make it a good fight, and all the loudmouth shitheads don't want to scrap.. Bastards..Which reminds me when my little sister and I were boxing outside my apartment in Phoenix and the neighbor called the cops. She was winning too, because I wouldn't punch her in the face (she is a girl) and she didn't have any similar restraint. Ha happy memory..

1 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger ssas said...

    I think people tailgate in the country because they are afraid of being alone. So see, you're not the pussy. They are!!

    As for the Martini post; 'hair of the dog' is my motto. Don't know it in any other languages. I'm a beer girl myself.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home