Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

I was reading Sinkpig talking about AvP-
When I was 7-ish and my older brother was 9-10ish we went to see ET in the theatre. I don't remember a damn thing about the movie except I had three-d glasses and probably an insane sugar buzz. Now if we had gone with our parental units I would not have been given any sugar, and my older brother might not hate me.
So, he got scared by the man/men?? With the jingly keys and actually hid under his seat. Pretty normal behavior if you don't have an evil little brother. Aside from most of the movie pointing at him and laughing like the redheaded bastard in "A Christmas Story"
At the end of the movie he twisted my arm up in a chickenwing and made me swear not to tell a soul he was crying. I probably deserved but still...
So on the car ride back home good old Dad made a few attempts to get me to sit down "Sit down before I knock you down" "I'll stop this car and sell you to a hobo if you don't sit down now!" etc.. Then asked a simple question, like he always did when he had yelled and wanted us to know he wasn't mad anymore. I don't recall the actual conversation, but based on any other sugar high I've had here goes:
How was the movie guys? (dad)
It had aliens! (me)
and spaceships and and people and and they went trick or treating and and and ******(brothers name) cried like a girl and they flew and and I had some jelly beans and and ***** was hiding under his seat and a plant died but came back to life. Can they do that? I had sunglasses and and can we see it again..
My big brother stared out the window fuming, dad glared at my brother in the mirror and mumbled curses about the "stupid effing neighbors giving a 7 year old candy" I probably just sat there vibrating in place.
Now for the funny part.. (Family history is always funny..)
My brother gave me a fat lip and a wedgie for telling...
My dad went out the next day and bought a life sized e-t doll and hid it in older brothers closet., then moved it under the bed, then a dark corner of the basement where we stored our canning things.
Funny he wasn't scared of Et at the actual movie, but damned if he didn't almost wet his pants the first time he found it in the closet, and under the bed, and I think he actually did the time it attacked him in the dark basement. Mother ended up removing ET's vitals and limbs with her scissors, she had older brother carry it's head to my father with a paring knife stuck in it to prove he'd kill it, maybe scare dad into thinking he had created a psychopath.
Dad only said "It's about time. You better clean that knife and put it away before your mother sees that."

1 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger Bob said...

    Odd synergy here...

    E.T. scared the shit out of me as a child. When they find him all dried up and white and near-death in the river... and then they take him home... and the guy in the spacesuit comes in?

    Creeped me out. Even creeps me out a little now.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home