Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I actually miss night shift at the gas station. I think I was happier there than where I am now. Sure now I make $4 more dollars an hour than then. But there was a special kind of freedom being the nigh man in a convenience store. Even the scary nights in downtown Phoenix. I smoked all I wanted, drank soda all night (that's what happened to my teeth!) and sometimes in the morning I would go out for steak eggs and beer. Always more fun at 8 in the morning. I am sure there were all sorts of petty annoyances that I'm not remembering, but I sure do miss being able to read a book when I was bored. Or not having someone breathing over my shoulder, as long as I remembered to mop the floor and stock the cooler everything was good.. If I could get a job at a gas station now making the money I make now I would be a lot happier.
Of course so would every person slinging a register at one now. I sound so old today..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home