Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Soccer..
My soccer career was short lived.. Even early my criminal tendencies had a way of tripping me up.
One Saturday I was in 2nd or 3rd when I played Little Boy soccer. I remember our uniforms being green and white. It was a scrimmage?? Honestly unimportant, but I know there was another team. I had gotten a ride to the game with my mother who had stopped at a convenience store. While there I had lifted a package of white Tic Tacs, and surprisingly managed to sneak them past her. I was eating them the whole day and had them tucked into the little mesh pouch they sew into the linings of some sports shorts.. My father came to pick me up and I saw him and started running towards him. He hated to be kept waiting. Suddenly I heard the tic tacs rattling in my pouch. I can still feel the great surge of fear I felt. I knew instantly he would know they were stolen from someone. I stopped and ran back calling over my shoulder I had to take something to a teammate. I felt like I was going to wet myself I was so scared and I ran p to the first kid and gave them to him. I don't recall his face or who he was, because I turned around and left right away. Dad was in a bad mood and got a little ugly about me having something that belonged to someone else, but let it go for once...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home