Glade of the King

I have too many stories going outside the computer. I really need someone to type for me. I continue to be devoted to scribbling with pen and ink. I force myself to translate my script to digital text, but I continue to find excuses to keep writing new ideas instead.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Writing

I have discontinued posting This Guy- it's no longer easy to whip out a chapter at work the story has gotten complicated enough I drew myself a chart. I'm going to continue offline however since it's still going strong.

Hot Librarian- got me reminiscing about the good old days.. Damn those teenage years...
Sure to date myself but one of the first concerts I ever went to was Poison / Warrant in Philly. I remember so many of the girls were dressed in lingerie all the guys in black leather. I had just got my first leather and it was still crisp looking so we stomped it in the parking lot before the show. Some security guy thought we were beating the hell out of somebody and ran over- he started laughing when he saw it was just a jacket. I still have that jacket in my closet I wore it up to last year when I finally admitted it was too small for me. I had replaced both sleeve linings with old pant legs, the interior lining was the remains of a blue knit shirt. All of the repairs to that jacket over the 15 years I had it were done with a hot glue gun which actually worked pretty good. The insides of the sleeves were all burned from sliding my arms up in them hiding cigarettes from teachers. One sleeve is covered in blue spraypaint. The can had gotten lodged behind the passenger seat- it was summer so the leather was tossed in the back, when my buddy sat down there was a hissing which stopped every time he leaned forward, we never even smelled the paint until we stopped and one half of the backseat was covered in blue paint. It had a long cut on the arm where some guy had swung a knife at me trying to back me off or something. Being me (stupid macho whatever) I had blocked the knife with my arm, thankfully the leather held although he had pulled his swing a little when I charged him, we were friends after all. When one of the belts came off I sealed the tear and took the other belt off- I saved both belts just waiting for when I might need them. I've fallen off 3 motorcycles wearing it. It was confiscated by the cops twice- once my Mom got it back for me the other time I went to the station and pretty much begged for it. Me and almost all my friend had identical shiny zippered motorcycle jackets we wore them every day of highschool all year round. When they initiated a dress code that forbid jackets we wore them anyway I racked up 9 suspensions before the school caved and just started spot checking our pockets for cigarettes, drugs, whatever. Only thing was they could only check your jacket pockets, not your clothes..
My new jacket has normal pockets, no zippers or epaulets, no belt to jingle as I walk..
I think I need to go home put on my jacket, pull out some old chili peppers/ violent femmes/ metallica and drink some JD out of the bottle..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home